Sunday, May 29, 2011

50's Television cabinet turned Liquor cabinet

 So this was a very cool project. The television had already been gutted from this 1950's cabinet I found in a thrift store, which made my job turning this into my liquor cabinet much easier. The construction of this old motorola cabinet is solid and in really great shape and the size is perfect for holding up to 20 bottles of liquor for a complete bar. The bottom, where the speaker had been is a great showcase shelf for your better glasses.
The handles are actually original! I love them. With some steal wool and a little elbow grease, the chrome handles came back to their original shine.
One thing I loved about this cabinet when I set my eyes on it was the logo at the bottom. I just had to save it. So, I masked it out with some green painters tape. I just had to save that for the history of the piece.
To make this cabinet NOT look like a giant black box, I painted it with a matt black paint, then I masked out a wide stripe and painted it with a high gloss black. It really set off the tone of the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment